Thu, 26 May|
Certified Sustainability Manager Program - Module 2:2 with BPMP
Time & Location
26 May 2022, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
About the event
As sustainability is fast becoming a critical criteria for businesses, there is rising need for competent sustainability practitioners to lead required sustainability strategies and actions to meet the growing demand of sustainable trade and sustainability centric consumer demands. The role of sustainability practitioners is fast evolving from managing operational projects to business transformation approaches. This means that the new normal practitioner must have the necessary Skills and Will to pivot traditional business models into one that is driven by purpose and anchored on profitability via sustainability approaches.
In short practitioners must be competent to navigate the fast evolving discipline of business sustainability to ensure sustainability is seen as a business value add to decision makers and stakeholders. To develop such practitioners, UNGCMYB is introducing the Certified Sustainability Manager Program.
The Certified Sustainability Manager Program is designed based on identified competencies in the UNGCMYB-Bursa Corporate Sustainability Practitioner Framework. The fundamental approach for this program is to provide relevant sustainability knowledge coupled with practical implementation tools to enable program candidates to implement needed sustainability actions to achieve their organizations sustainability performance expectations. This program is enriched by engagement sessions with industry sustainability practitioners to ensure practical viewpoints beyond academic knowledge. Run exclusively by UNGCMYB Academy faculty members consisting of subject matter experts from academia, industry and UN, candidates will have access to broad range of insights and experience to further guide them in their own sustainability journey.
In completing this Program, candidates will:
- Gain an understanding of the emerging sustainability landscape and expectations
- Have deep knowledge of Business sustainability fundamentals on the dimensions of Environment, Social and Governance (ESGs)
- Strengthen personal belief system on purpose driven organizations via sustainability approaches
- Be able to identify stakeholder-driven strategic enterprise sustainability requirements and incorporate into business practice to enable enterprise sustainability performance
- Be able to translate ESG data and reporting into business value add in the context of sustainable finance and sustainable trade
- Improve personal scoring on the UNGCMYB-Bursa Corporate Sustainability Practitioner Assessment
- Develop an action plan for delivering sustainability initiatives within their organization that produces tangible results
For more information, kindly contact email@example.com